- Localising Council Tax Support - Introduction
- Delivery Group Meetings
- IT Suppliers Group Meetings
- Contact Us
We’re introducing new rules which will allow councils in England to design their own Council Tax support schemes. The Local Government Finance Act which gained Royal assent in October 2012, allows local councils in England to design their own schemes from April 2013.
The new law protects vulnerable pensioners and the changes should provide incentives for people to find and stay in work.
The Department for Communities and Local Government has provided information and guidance to support local authorities to develop their own schemes.
The Delivery Group provides input and challenge to facilitate the successful implementation of local council tax support in April 2013, identifying risks, suggesting solutions, and facilitating discussions with the sector and other interested parties.
The areas for discussion include:
- Development of regulations and guidance
- IT and commissioning
- Administrative costs
- Data sharing
- Transitional and implementation issues
Members of the group include representatives of the Local Government Association, London Councils, the Institute of Revenues Rating and Valuation (IRRV) and the Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy (CIPFA). A number of individual local authorities are also represented, offering the perspective of their own areas on the issues. A full list of members can be downloaded below. Others may be invited from time to time to inform discussion of particular agenda items.
Delivery Group Members (Adobe Acrobat 20kb)
Minutes of Meetings
- 20 February 2012 (Adobe Acrobat 20kb)
- 28 March 2012 (Adobe Acrobat 20kb)
- 18 April 2012 (Adobe Acrobat 20kb)
- 23 May 2012 (Adobe Acrobat 20kb)
- 20 June 2012 (Adobe Acrobat 20kb)
- 16 July 2012 (Adobe Acrobat 25kb)
- 27 September 2012 (Adobe Acrobat 30kb)
- 24 October 2012 (Adobe Acrobat 20kb)
- 15 November 2012 (Adobe Acrobat 25kb)
- 9 January 2013 (Adobe Acrobat 20kb)
- 6 February 2013 (Adobe Acrobat 20kb)
IT Suppliers Group
Members of the group include representatives from a wide range of IT suppliers, offering expertise on how new local council tax schemes would work in practice.
Minutes of Meetings
- 19 June 2012 (Adobe Acrobat 20kb)
- 5 July 2012 (Adobe Acrobat 20kb)
- 23 July 2012 (Adobe Acrobat 20kb)
- 8 October 2012 (Adobe Acrobat 30kb)
Contact UsFor further information please email LCTSfirstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated on 18 April 2013
Return to Local Government Finance Index
Return to DCLG Local Government Index
Return to DCLG Home Page
Terms and conditions